Special Education Paraprofessional 11/22/2021 Return
Gem State Staffing is hiring a Paraprofessional for a full-time, long term position in Buhl. Will assist with secondary special education programs. Will need to be flexible as they would be working between two schools with students who have various needs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Performs such school-related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
2. Selects students for participation according to criteria established by the State Department of Education and the instructions of the Principal.
3. Assists in administering, scoring and recording achievement and diagnostic tests and other pertinent data in an accurate, efficient manner. Compile and maintains reports and files regarding student performance.
4. Assists teacher to prepare lesson plans and instructional materials adapted to the needs of the students. Instructs and tutors students to reinforce and remediate basic skills in reading, math, and/or language arts as determined by the Principal.
5. Confers and works closely with regular classroom teachers and assists in maintaining a positive classroom environment that is conducive to learning.
6. Participates in meetings, conferences, workshops, etc. as requested by the Principal.
7. Systematically keeps parents informed of their student’s progress as requested by the Principal.
8. Maintains inventories of supplies and equipment
9. Deals with students, parents, staff, and others in a positive and encouraging manner.
10. Knows and follows school policy and chain-of-command.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
-Must have teacher training, education and/or work experience.
-Experience working with ethnically diverse individuals, sensitive to cultural differences.
-Good interpersonal communication skills.
-Computer hardware/software knowledge and exposure to computer learning programs preferred.
-Minimum high school graduate or equivalent, and some college preferred.
Shift: Will work 7.25/hours/day/184/days/year throughout the school year.
Pay Wage: $10.50/hour with full benefits
How to Apply: For consideration apply in person with resume and two forms of identification at 628 Main Avenue North, Twin Falls. Application hours are 9am-to 3:30pm, Monday thru Friday.
*** Note: if you apply online, you will still need to visit the office to complete more paperwork. Applicants who do not follow up in-person will not be considered. ***