Activation Specialist (External) 8/5/2021 Return
The foremost utility management company, serving housing
communities, commercial buildings, and other property management firms. Our Utility Experts manage
our services to help our clients conserve natural resources and save money.
In the past, property management companies that own hundreds or thousands of single family homes
have struggled to balance the needs of their company and the utility provider’s requests. They contract to coordinate their requests with utility providers through phone, email, fax, and online.
As an Activation Specialist, you will contact utility providers to get the utilities turned off
and on at our client’s homes to ensure a smooth transition for our clients as repairs are made on their
homes or in between tenants.
As an Activations Specialist, you will:
● Coordinate utility requests with utility providers through phone, email, fax, and online
● Resolve urgent issues in a timely manner
● Provide indirect updates to clients through software
● Spend more than 80% of your day on outbound calls with utility providers scheduling start/stop
dates for utility accounts, confirming account information, researching and addressing
incomplete utility requests and property issues (i.e. liens, balances, inspection, and repairs.)
● Adaptability and problem-solving skills
● Attention to detail with the purpose of achieving high accuracy
● Good typing and computer skills.
● Good organizational and time management skills to maximize completed work and prioritization
● Willingness to learn software
● Ability to work independently and with a team
● Comfortable being on the phone working with utility providers
● A desire to learn and grow
As an Activation Specialist, you will also be eligible for performance-based bonuses.
Education & Experiences
● 2+ years of office work experience
● High School diploma or equivalent
We set a high standard for all of our team members, and we appreciate the effort that it
takes to meet those needs, so we are always looking for new ways to give back. In addition to the
standard benefits of a competitive salary, 401K matching, and medical/dental/vision/life insurance,
will also offer you additional perks like:
● Local Discounts: As a team member, you will have access to discounts for more than
50 different locations; discounts on gym memberships, daycare, events, and more!
● Cares: This program allows you to use two hours of paid time off (each month) to
serve in the community and make a difference in the lives of others.
● Paid Time Off: Our generous paid time off program provides you with the time you need for
family events, adventures, and well-deserved breaks.
● Discounted Meals: If you work in one of our Logan offices, you will have access to an on-site grill
that serves affordable breakfast and lunch entrees. You will also have the option of ordering discounted meals from local restaurants like Pier 49 Pizza, Costa Vida, Apple Spice, and more!
● Annual Parties: We try to celebrate our successes with annual parties, some of which have featured performances from David Blaine, Walk the Moon, Brian Regan, and others!