Journeyman Plumber 1/22/2020 Return
Gem State Staffing in Pocatello, ID is currently seeking a Journeyman Plumber to begin a new career with ATCO Structures & Logistics, Inc.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Willing and able to oversee and instruct plumbing installation teams at a fast pace from start to finish in modular units
- Comprehensive use of various hand and power tools in the installation of water pipes, drainage systems, and various plumbing fixtures.
- Read blueprints with the ability to understand and explain precise specifications in determining the layout of the plumbing, drainage, and water supply systems while following strict safety procedures and performing quality inspections of work, tools, and shop surroundings.
- Be able to accurately train production workers in specific practices requiring strict, specialized expectations. Perform many other duties as well as assign duties.
Education and Experience
- Licensed Journeyman in Idaho
- Be able to pass a nationwide background check (No Violent or Theft-related convictions)
- Previous experience with plumbing in modular units is a plus, not required
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints
- Must be able to work and manage projects in a team environment
Physical and Requirements
- Be able to pass a pre-employment drug screening
- Must be able to adhere to a strict attendance/punctuality policy
- Possess steel-toe work boots
- Work safely with a wide variety of hand and power tools, as well as materials
- Required to bend, squat, and kneel consistently
- Required to reach overhead consistently throughout the work day
- Required to climb ladders throughout the work day
- Must be able to lift 35 lbs. overhead as well as lift and carry 55 lbs
- Be able to work in a manufacturing environment where the noise level is moderately loud
- Safety practices involving tools, environment, people, materials and a continuous and attentive awareness of all SAFETY procedures is an ABSOLUTE NECESSITY!
Shift schedule: 7am-3:30pm M-F (overtime expected and required)
Pay Rate: $21.00 – $25.00/hr D.O.E
This is a Temp-to-Hire position – Eligible for a generous benefits package, immediately after probationary period!!!