Industrial Painter 8/10/2020 Return
Be able to perform all job duties related to painting without supervision. Supervise paint crew as needed. Solve all painting related problems as they occur.
- Repair painting equipment
- Spray parts effectively while ensuring highest quality, i.e. no voids, dry lines, runs or sags
- Sand and grit blast when needed
- Maintain safe work environment
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Able to spray all types of paint coats.
- Assist in supervising paint and blast team and assign work.
- Must know proper handling and storage of hazardous paints and thinners.
- Able to pass Level III quality control paint test.
- Able to sand and grit blast when needed.
- Able to follow instructions.
- Dependable; good attendance.
- Efficient with time.
- Willing to work needed overtime.
- Willing to help where needed.
- Desire to learn intermediate painting skills.
- Have excellent Hand-Eye coordination.
- Be a safe worker around hazardous chemical.
- Maintain a safe environment.
- High School diploma/High School equivalent.
- Five years automotive or commercial painting experience.
- Must be able to understand instructions and react in a positive manner to any situation.
- Must be able to independently resolve problems, handle conflict, and make effective decisions under pressure.
- Requires lifting of at least 50lbs, stooping, bending and stretching to accomplish painting, sandblasting and other assigned duties.
- Requires standing, bending and stooping for extended periods of time.
- Requires ability to work in heat and cold.
- Working conditions may vary according to weather.
- Must not pose a direct threat or significant risk of substantial harm to the safety or health of himself/herself or others
- Must be committed to a high standard of safety and be willing and able to comply with all safety laws and all of the employer’s safety policies and rules and must be willing to report safety violations and potential safety violations to appropriate supervisory or management personnel.
Prior experience with the following equipment required:
- Paint Gun
- Grinder / Sander
- Sandblast equipment and other painter tools.
How to Apply: Visit our website https://www.gemstatestaffingjobs.net/apply-online/pocatello to fill out our online application. Please provide detailed work history. After we receive your application, you will be contacted to come in for an interview with one of our staff members. Bring two forms of ID (i.e. SS Card and a photo ID). Prior to the interview you will be asked to fill out a few more pieces of paperwork. Be sure you have at least 30 minutes to complete the paperwork and interview. You may also apply in person at 1737 Hurley Dr. Suite C. Pocatello, ID 83202.