Printing Press Assistant 9/11/2019 Return
Gem State Staffing in Idaho Falls is taking applications for a Printing Press Assistant position available at a local printing press.
GENERAL PURPOSE: Inspect and rewind each job for quality and compliance to customer specifications
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Calibrates counters.
· Visually inspects labels for defects.
· Splices rolls together using scissors and tape.
· Sets up multiple slitter units.
· Slits down jobs.
· Packs each job as completed.
· Makes core/shipper labels, Certificate of Compliance, and packing list.
· Follows pharmaceutical procedures.
· Splices rolls together using Splicing table, following customer splicing specifications.
· Maintains the Rewinder using the PM schedules.
· Follows GMP’s (paperwork).
· Follows procedures to setup and operate back numbering equipment.
· Performs other job duties as assigned.
• Minimum two months’ related experience and/or training is preferred.
• Must have the ability to read and write simple instructions, correspondenceand memos.
• Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
• Must be able to meet and/or pass the minimum requirement on a mechanical test or have demonstrated mechanical aptitude through prior work experience.
• Must have basic mathematical skills.
• Must be able to work well with others.
• Must have good problem solving ability.
• Must be able to work well in a high pressure environment.
• Must have basic knowledge of personal computers.
• Must be able to maintain good attendance.
• Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
• Must be able to flex schedule to meet the needs of production, including working a different shift if needed.
• Must be able to read and communicate effectively in English.
• Must have mechanical knowledge of gears and printing process.
• Must have problem solving skills–both Mechanical and Computer.
• Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
To Apply, please submit Resume to Gem State Staffing at 150 1st Street, Idaho Falls, ID, 83401. Remember to bring two forms of ID.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $12.00 /hour