Thermoforming Machine Set-Up Operator 4/19/2021 Return
Gem State Staffing-Caldwell is now accepting applicants for a career level position as Thermoforming Machine Set-Up Operator. Our client, a leading Northwest manufacturing company is seeking an individual that can apprentice under their lead operator. Ideal candidate will have some experience as a machine operator with better than average mechanical skills and desire for a career level opportunity.
The Thermoforming Machine Set-Up Operator is the primary operator of the forming machines and is responsible for the set-up, maintenance, and production of customer orders and for meeting specifications for quality and efficiency. The Technician assures the thermoforming machine(s) is operating properly and must follow company procedures for safety and provide accurate and timely reporting of production data to comply with the companies Good Manufacturing Practices. The Technician is responsible for performing maintenance and mechanical related duties within the production area.
- Produce a variety of molded plastic parts by loading raw material, setting and adjusting cycle times, temperatures, pressures and cycle machine to ensure proper and safe operations.
- Provide leadership, training and direction to other thermoformers on the shift.
- Perform in-process inspections of parts throughout production run and assure they meet visual standards of acceptance.
- Assures all manufacturing equipment is well maintained and calibrated.
- Ensures machine set up procedure is followed and the appropriate materials are on line prior to each production run.
- Maintain the integrity of all customer/company owned tools.
- Identify the proper tooling required for pending production.
- Inspect condition of molds, component parts for damage and wear.
- Document repairs/maintenance of tools and report to management.
- Demonstrated mechanical background (through education, employment or combination of both)
- Consistent work history with same or similar industry
- Criminal Background Investigation and pre-employment drug screen
- Ability to lift up-to 50 lbs. unassisted, infrequently throughout the work day
- Desire for full-time, career level opportunity
- Typical Schedule is Mon-Fri, 8-5pm.
- Compensation will be based on candidate experience, starting at $16.00-$18.00/hr with pay increase as skills and experience increase
Candidates must interview in person at our Caldwell, ID location. Qualified candidates will be scheduled for on-location interview with our client after qualification interview has been completed with Gem State Staffing team.