POTATO TRIM/SORTER/INSPECTION 11/18/2020 Return
Gem State Staffing in Burley is currently hiring various labor positions at a potato processing plant for full-time help. This position is responsible for trimming off, inspecting, and sorting line flow while removing major defects and/or foreign material from potatoes or potato products to ensure size, color, and shape that otherwise fail to meet visual or measured quality parameters. This position requires rotation through the various positions between processing and packaging.
• Successful candidates will have a high school diploma or GED; or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Prior experience in a potato processing facility is a plus.
• Must have the ability to read, write, and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
• Must have ability to effectively present information before groups of customers or employees.
• Must have ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
Ability to work quickly and efficiently without direct supervision
Must be available to work entire 12 hour shift
Must adhere to Good Manufacturing Practices
Be able to lift 25+ lbs. on a daily basis
Have own transportation to and from the job site
Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test
Must able to work in high temperate conditions
Must be able to bend, twist, crouch and stoop frequently over the course of a day
Positions Open: 5
Salary Range: $10-11.00/hour DOE + BENEFITS
Shifts: Days- 8am to 8pm & Nights- 8pm to 8am
Job Duration: Temp to Hire Full Time
Minimum Age: 18
Where to apply: In-person at Gem State Staffing office – 641 N. OVERLAND BURLEY (next door to Little Caesars)
You may also begin the application process online at https://www.gemstatestaffingjobs.net/job-openings/burley/
*** Note: If you apply online, you will still need to visit the office to complete additional paperwork. Applicants who do not follow up in-person will not be considered. ***
When to apply: Application hours – 7:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday
What to bring: Two forms of government issued ID to fulfill List B and C I-9 requirements (e.g. Social Security card and driver’s license) or one form of ID which fulfills List A requirement for I-9 (e.g. U.S. passport or Permanent Resident Card)
Resume is required for all clerical applicants and some specific positions; check job description for resume requirement
Valid CDL, DOT medical card, and three-year DMV record required for all CDL A applicants
Questions? Call us at (208) 677-999
We look forward to meeting you soon!