Maintenance Technician 12/7/2018 Return
Gem State Staffing in Burley is currently recruiting and accepting applications for an experienced Maintenance Technician.
Position is responsible for repairing and installing equipment within the facility. Inspects equipment for proper functioning and performs preventative maintenance duties per manufacturer’s specifications. Diagnoses equipment malfunctions and makes repairs or adjustments as needed.
This position requires continuous work near heat, noise, gas, and chemicals. The position requires frequent lifting, climbing, standing, walking, crouching, squatting, bending and kneeling. The position may require weekend and/or holiday work.
Qualified applicants will need to possess the following skills and background requirements:
- Observes mechanical devices in operation and listens to their sounds to locate causes of trouble.
- Sets up and operates tools used to diagnose and repair equipment.
- Dismantles functional systems and tests components.
- Starts system, observes operation, read gauges and instruments, and adjusts mechanisms such as valves, controls, pumps to control level of fluid, pressure, and temperature in system.
- Starts devices and equipment to test their performance.
- Keeps maintenance shop and assigned areas neat, clean, and organized.
- Completes assigned work orders
- Performs critical maintenance support in timely manner.
- Maintains shop tools and hand tools and securely stores them when not in use.
- Repairs and maintenance of all steam piping and equipment, including preventative maintenance. Daily chemical testing and adjusting to ensure steam equipment is properly protected.
- Maintains, repairs, and completes PM’s on air compressors, air dryers, oil separators and main air lines to the plant.
- Maintain, repairs, and completes PM’s on refrigeration units, glycol pumps, cooling tower pumps, cooling towers, glycol lines and valves in the plant. Conducts daily chemical testing and adjustments to ensure that refrigeration equipment is properly protected.
- Maintains, repairs, and completes PM’s on waste water equipment, pumps, piping, valves, drains, and plumbing to and from the plant.
- Maintains, repairs, and completes PM’s on all air filters and makes necessary changes.
- Knows, understands, and follows OSHA and Safety Regulations.
- Communicates safety issues to managers.
- Is a proactive member of the team.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Regular ascending and/or descending of ladders and stairs using feet and legs and/or hands and arms on a regular basis. Body agility is emphasized.
- Walking: Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances on a regular basis.
- Repetitive motions: Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Standing: Particularly for sustained periods of time on concrete.
- Stooping: Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist on a regular basis.
- Reaching: Extending hands and arms in any direction.
- Pushing: Using upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward or outward.
- Pulling: Using upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion.
- Kneeling: Bending legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or knees occasionally.
- Crouching: Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine.
- Lifting: Able to lift up to 90lbs occasionally.
- Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Includes activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
Skills and Abilities:
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective prioritizing, organizing, and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible, execute plans, strategies and achieve desired results.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively to achieve defined goals on time.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: Starting at $13.25/ hour DOE
Where to apply: In-person at Gem State Staffing office – 641 N. OVERLAND BURLEY (next door to Little Caesars)
You may also begin the application process online at https://www.gemstatestaffingjobs.net/job-openings/burley/
*** Note: If you apply online, you will still need to visit the office to complete additional paperwork. Applicants who do not follow up in-person will not be considered. ***
APPLICATION HOURS: MON-FRI 7AM-5PM
What to bring: Two forms of government issued ID to fulfill List B and C I-9 requirements (e.g. Social Security card and driver’s license) or one form of ID which fulfills List A requirement for I-9 (e.g. U.S. passport or Permanent Resident Card)
Questions? Call us at (208) 677-9999
We look forward to meeting you soon!